This creamy onion-rich dip is a hit at parties. Make it the next time you need an easy, appealing appetizer for family or friends. Can’t find sweet red onions? Just use sweet white onions.
Makes 3 ½ cups (14 servings)
4 cups (about 2 large) Honeysuckle Red Onions, peeled, trimmed, and sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 ⁰F.
- Sauté onions and butter in a large, covered sauté pan over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the onions have softened, add the flour, and stir for a minutes to fully incorporate the flour into the butter/onion mixture.
- Combine sautéed onions, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Transfer mixture to an 8”x8” baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Serve with sliced baguettes.
Nutrition Information per ¼ cup portion
170 calories; 16 g total fat; 4 g saturated fat; 20 mg cholesterol; 260 mg sodium; 70 mg potassium; 5 g carbohydrate; <1 g dietary fiber; 3 g protein